✶ Research Objective
To be immersed in the art/pedagogy/civic-engagement intersection emerging from Conceptual Art into a range of contemporary cultural practices, including—but not limited to—teaching, performance, dematerialization, philosophy, participatory art, collage, studio practices, institutional pliability, new medias, publishing, and writing.
2011 PhD The Pennsylvania State University
2008 MS The Pennsylvania State University
2000 BFA The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
2017-Present Associate Professor and Chair of Art Education, School of Art + Design UIUC.
2011-2017 Assistant Professor of Art Education, School of Art + Design, UIUC.
2010- 2011 Visiting Assistant Professor of Art Education, School of Art + Design, UIUC.
2007- 2010 Bunton Waller Graduate Fellowship and Teaching Assistantship. The Pennsylvania State University.
2000-2007 Instructor of Art and Art History. Northside College Preparatory High School (grades 9-12), Chicago, IL.
2003 Instructor of painting and drawing. College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL.
2000-2003 Instructor of drawing, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, (Continuing Studies Program).
1998- 1999 Instructor and Director of Galeria Rompecabezas, Melrose Park, IL.
✶ Honors and Recognitions
2012 Elliot Eisner Doctoral Research Award in Art Education. The National Art Education Association. Recognized at the national conference in New York City, the award is given in recognition of valuable “doctoral research to the profession of art education and its related disciplines”.
2013 Harlan E. and Suzanne Dudley Hoffa Dissertation Award in Art Education. Penn State University.
✶ Presentations/ Invited and Conference
2008 “Raiding the Archives,” Goat Island Summer School Symposium, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL (July 26).
2009 “These Are Not Short Stories: Three Videos,” Reed Arts Week, Reed College, Portland, OR (March 4).
2010 “Look Here, No Look There: Teaching as an Artwork of Multiple Middles,” Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL (March 16).
2011 “Performance and Conceptual Art: Approaches at the Secondary Level,” University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA (April 14).
2011 “Contemporary Art Practice in the Secondary Classroom,” DePaul University, Chicago, IL (October 20).
2012 “Teacher as Conceptual Artist: Tidbits of Research and Other Proposals for Art Education,” Metropolitan State University of Denver, Denver, CO (March 22).
2012 “We Still Don’t Know How Much Less ‘Nothing’ Can Be,” The Shifting Plane of Performance series, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON (April 27).
2012 “Nearness and Invisibility: Unseen Touch as Pedagogy and Conceptual Art, Simultaneously!,” Brigham Young University, Provo, UT (December 6).
2013 “Teacher as Conceptual Artist,” Educator Salon Lecture Series. Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, Chicago, IL (February 5).
2013 “Reports From the (I am I) Institute as Material Institute: Projects, Theories, and Documentation(s),” Lamar Dodd School of Art, University of Georgia, Athens, GA (June 27).
2013 “Be Conceptual,” Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA (September 25).
2013 “Street Art as Public Pedagogy: Learning From the Margins,” Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL (May 4). Co-panelist: Andres Hernandez, Craig Harshaw, Miguel Aguilar, and Caitlin Bruce.
2013 “Continuing Education and the Artist Lifestyle,” Launch Invitational Residency Lecture. Chicago Artists Coalition, Chicago, IL (June 22). Co-panelist: Allyson Esposito, Cecil McDonald.
2014 “Introduction to Performance Performance,” Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY (June 27).
2014 “No Short Hands (in Exile),” Visiting Artist Lecture. Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights, IL (September 25).
2014 “Scholar’s Studio: The Craft of Visual/izing Research,” Penn State University, University Park, PA (October 14).
2014 “Contemporary Performance Art and the Notions of Flexibility and Duration,” University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (November 19).
2014 “Money, Spaces, Resources, Support, and Community,” Launch Invitational Residency Lecture. Chicago Artists Coalition, Chicago, IL (June 7). Co-panelist: Liz Born, Mike Nourse, and Faheem Majeed.
2014 “Public Expeditions: Artist is Present,” The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL (June 26). Co-panelists: Hui-min Tsen, Chiara Galimberti, Samantha Hill, Alexandra Eregbu, Victoria Martinez, Leo Selvaggio, Matt Austin, Hope Esser, Collective Cleaners, and Anonima.
2015 “PhDs and Civic Engagement,” Inter-University Program for Latino Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL (July 29). Co-panelist: Rebecca Vonderlack-Navarro and Francesca Gaiba.
2015 [Keynote lecture] “Art in the Everyday: Social Practice and Lived Experience,” 9th Annual Arts Education Leadership Institute, Center for Integrated Arts Education, University of Northern Colorado, Greely, CO (June 9).
2016 “The BARACKOBAMAPRESIDENTIALLIBRARY,” Beer Summit Lecture Series:, The Blacksidency and the Black Presidential Imaginary, Curated by Ross Stanton Jordan. Hyde Park Art Center, Chicago, IL (January 20).
2016 “School as Material: Conceptual Art Permissions for Teachers,” Remix Your Curriculum Symposium, The Amsterdam University of the Arts, Amsterdam, Holland (April 23). [featured speaker]
2017 “In Everything You Are, Be Conceptual,” 25th Anniversary of the Raclin School of the Arts. Indiana University South Bend, South Bend, IN (March 22). [featured speaker]
✶ Editorships of Journals or Other Learned Publications
2010-current Assistant Editor, Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy.
2012-2014 Editor of Instructional Resources, Art Education.
2012-current Review Board, Journal of Cultural Research and Art Education.
2014 (Summer) Guest Editor, Visual Arts Research: (tidbits) The easiest thing I ever published, 40(1).
2014-current Co-editor, Visual Arts Research.
2015-current Review Board, Journal of Social Theory in Art Education.
2016 Review Board, The SAGE Handbook of Curriculum, Pedagogy, and Assessment.
✶ Review Panels
- Grant reviewer, Creative Schools Fund, Chicago Public Schools and Ingenuity, Inc, 2013-2015.
- Reviewer, Elliott Eisner Doctoral Research Award, National Art Education Association, 2013-current.
✶ Doctoral thesis
Ways of being: Conceptual art modes of operation for pedagogy as contemporary art practice, Ph.D. Dissertation, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 2011.
✶ Chapters in Books
- Lucero, Jorge. “La Pocha Nostra: Practicing mere life,” In Art and Social Justice education: Culture as Commons, eds. Terese Quinn, Jon Ploof, & Lisa Hochtritt. (New York: Routledge, 2012): pp.107-109.
- Lucero, Jorge. “A Frame. A Study. An Enactment,” book section introductions in Problematizing Public Pedagogy, eds. Jake Burdick, Jennifer A. Sandlin, and Michael P. O’Malley. (New York: Routledge, 2013): pp. 13, 77, and 131.
- Lucero, Jorge. “Long Live the Pedagogical Turn: Brazen Claims Made for the Overflowing Art/Life Intersection and the Longevity of Its Eternal Pedagogy and Study,” in Problematizing Public Pedagogy, eds. Jake Burdick, Jennifer A. Sandlin, and Michael P. O’Malley. (New York: Routledge, 2013): pp. 173-182.
- Harper, Rachel L.S. and Lucero, Jorge. “Subject Matters of the Arts,” in The SAGE Guide to Curriculum in Education, eds. Ming Feng He, Brian D. Schultz, and William H. Schubert (New York: Sage, 2015): pp. 45-53.
- Cotton, Phil; Duignan, Jim; Lucero, Jorge; and Sikkema, Scott. “Engaged Education and the Schools,” in Institutions and Imaginaries: Chicago Social Practice History Series, ed. Stephanie Smith. (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2015): pp.101-109.
- Lucero, Jorge. “Panning the Field, A, B, C, D, E, and F,” in Disney, Culture, and Curriculum, eds. Jennifer A. Sandlin and Julie Garlen Maudlin. (New York: Routledge, 2016): pp. xi, xxvii, xxix, 28, 102, 176, 250.
- Lucero, Jorge. “Conceptualist as Educator/Educator as Conceptualist,” in Artist-Teachers in Context: International Dialogues, ed. Raphael Vella. (Rotterdam, Netherlands: Sense Publishers, in press, due 2016).
- Lucero, Jorge and Estrada, William. “Social Practice and Community Art in Chicago as Research,” in The Oxford Handbook of Methods for Public Scholarship, ed. Patricia Leavy. (New York: Oxford University Press, accepted, due 2017).
- Lucero, Jorge. “For arts sake stop making art,” in Arts-Based Research in Education: Foundations for Practice, 2nd Edition, eds. Melisa Cahnmann-Taylor and Richard Siegesmund. (New York: Routledge, accepted, due 2017).
✶ Articles in Journals
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Polyglot of the Everyday: Alberto Aguilar,” for Art Education vol. 66, No. 1 (January 2013): pp. 25-32.
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Instructional Resource as Permission,” for Art Education vol. 66, No. 1 (January 2013): p. 24.
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Ad-hoc Means Necessity: Standardize Me, Liberate Me (A Juxtaposition of Texts by Julio Cesar Morales and Jorge Rafael Lucero),” for Cultural Formations, vol. 2, No. 1 (2013). Retrieved from http://culturalformations.org/.
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Zizek Conference: I made It,” for International Journal of Zizek Studies vol. 9, No. 1 (2015). Retrieved on January 15, 2016 from
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Reading Difficult Text in Difficult Times: A Conceptual Art Move for a Conceptual Art Time,” for Transactions: Dialogues in trans-disciplinary practice. Retrieved on
January 6, 2016 from http://transactionspublication.com/.
- Lucero, Jorge R. “The Study Collection, a Project Narrative,” for Collage: the Colorado Art Educators Association (Spring 2015): pp. 37-40. Retrieved on January 16, 1016 from
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Failed Paper: Skirting the Call for Failure as a Conceptualist Gesture,”for Journal of Social Theory in Art Education, vol. 35, No. 1. (2015): pp. 108-120.
- Lucero, Jorge R. and Garoian, Charles R. “Antics of Assemblage Pedagogy,” for Visual Inquiry: Learning and Teaching Art, vol. 4, No. 3 (accepted).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Conceptual Art’s Permissions for Social Justice Activism and Education,” for International Journal of Curriculum and Social Justice, vol. 1, No. 3
(accepted, due Fall 2017).
✶ Solo Exhibitions
- NO SHORT HANDS (in exile). Seerveld Gallery, Trinity Christian Collge, Palos Heights, IL. August 28-September 25, 2014.
- The BARACKOBAMAPRESIDENTIALLIBRARY. Southside Hub of Production, Chicago, IL. June 5- August 31, 2015.
✶ Group Exhibitions
- Contemporary Art Practice as Pedagogy. Art Chicago, The Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL. April 28-May 2, 2011.
- On Making Things Matter: Strategies for preservation. Southside Hub of Production, Chicago, IL. May 26 – June 15, 2012. Curated by Laura Schaffer, John Preus, and Alberto Aguilar.
- YO SOLO, Collaboraction Festival, Flat Iron Building, Chicago, IL. July 16-August 12, 2012. Curated by Edra Soto.
- Painting Background: New Painting Works by Alberto Aguilar and Jorge Lucero. Beverly Art Center, Chicago, IL. August 3- September 16, 2012.
- 21st Evanston Biennial. Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL. Curated by Shannon Stratton. August 12- September 9, 2012.
- Four Regional Artist Exhibtion, Seerveld Gallery, Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights, IL. June 20 – July 18, 2013.
- El Material Normal Monumental. Garcia Squared Contemporary, Kansas City, MO. October 4- December 27, 2013.
- Material Normal Monumental. Freeark Gallery Riverside Arts Center, Riverside, IL. April 12- May 9, 2015.
- Field of Play. O’Connor Art Gallery, Dominican University, River Forest, IL. Curated by Marcela Andrade. September 9- October 23, 2015.
- Present Standard. Chicago Cultural Center. Curated by Edra Soto and Josue Pellot. January 30-April 24, 2016.
- MA/PA, Roots and Culture Gallery, Chicago, IL, Invited as part of Alberto Aguilar’s exhibition and performative dinner, A Personal Dinner Invitation (November 5, 2011).
- MA/PA, Southside Hub of Production, Chicago, IL, Invited as part of Alberto Aguilar’s performative dinner, A Personal Dinner Invitation during the exhibition This House is not a Home curated by Laura Shaeffer and John Preus (March 24, 2012).
- Guest lecture all day long (14 hours), Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, as part of the Homebodies Exhibition, curated by Naomi Beckwith (September 6-7, 2013).
- Slow Deep Study, Sullivan Galleries, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, as part of the Public Expeditions: Artist is Present Exhibition, curated by Alvaro Amat and Alberto Aguilar (June 7 to July 14, 2014).
✶ Exhibitions Curated
- Hecho en Casa, Cobalt Studio, Chicago, IL. Conceptualized and co-curated with Alberto Aguilar, selected works, arranged artists’ events and workshops, edited artists’ book which doubles as exhibition catalogue. (June 10-25, 2011).
- Your Stuff in Our Show, Figure One, Champaign, IL. Conceptualized, then co-curated with Assistant Professor of Graphic Design Jimmy Luu, selected work, designed displays. (November 4-26, 2011).
- Home Knowledge Spectacular, North Branch Projects, Chicago, IL. Conceptualized and co-curated with Alberto Aguilar, selected works, arranged artists’ events and workshops. (February 4- March 24, 2012).
✶ Refereed Conference Papers and Presentations
- Lucero, Jorge R.; Springgay, Stephanie; and Gershon, Walter. “Decatur High Talks Words Never Spoken,” Curriculum and Pedagogy Conference, Decatur, GA (October 24, 2008).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “(Pr)Essence Training: Learning to Learn Through the Becoming of Performance Art Group Goat Island,” Graduate Research in Art Education Conference, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York (November 7, 2008).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “The Applicable Aesthetic of Live Art for a Pedagogy of Nearness, or the Other Way Around,” American Education Research Association Conference, San Diego, CA (April 14, 2009).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Monument: On Grading the Arts,” National Art Education Association Conference, Baltimore, MD (April 13, 2010).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Durational Performance: A Proposition for Curriculum and Pedagogy,” The Curriculum and Pedagogy Conference, Akron, OH (October 21, 2010).
- Lucero, Jorge R.; Meier, Mary Elizabeth; Garoian, Charles; and White, John H. “Sustaining Delay: Improvisation as an Emergent Space in Curriculum,” National Art Education Association Conference, Seattle, WA (March 19, 2011).
- Lucero, Jorge R.; Hoctritt, Lisa; Carpenter, B. Stephen; Gude, Olivia M.; Washington, G.E.; et al. “Culture as commons: Contemporary Arts and Social Justice Issues in the Classroom,” National Art Education Conference, Seattle, WA (March 18, 2011).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Latin American Conceptual Art and Its Proposals for Art Education,” National Art Education Association Conference, Seattle, WA (March 18, 2011).
- Lucero, Jorge. “Contemporary Art Practice as Pedagogy,” National Art Education Association Conference, New York (March 4, 2012).
- Lucero, Jorge. “Conceptual Art Practice as Pedagogy,” National Art Education Association Conference, New York (March 2, 2012).
- Lucero, Jorge. “Mexican Live Art and Its Proposals for an Art Education of Civic Engagement,” National Art Education Association Conference, New York (March 1, 2012).
- Lucero, Jorge and Gude, Olivia. “Evolving New Standards,” Illinois Art Education Association Conference, Lisle, IL (November 2, 2012).
- Lucero, Jorge; Hochtritt, Lisa; Ploof, John; Harris-Lawton, Pamela; and Thulson, Anne. “Drawing Connections Between Community Arts and Higher Education,” National Art Education Association Conference, Fort Worth, TX (March 8, 2013).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Invisible Works: Conceptual Art Pedagogy for Engagement with the Everyday,” National Art Education Association Conference, Fort Worth, TX (March 8, 2013).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Conceptual Foundations: From Art to Philosophy,” Foundations in Art, Theory, and Education Conference, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA (April 4, 2013).
- Lucero, Jorge R.; Conn, Michael; Horwatt, Jeff; and Wu, Ann. “The Evolving Landscape of Art Education,” Illinois Art Education Association, Lisle, IL (October 24, 2013).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Conceptual Art and Curricular Practice as/for Each Other: Modes of Operation and Institutions as Material,” Bergamo Conference on Curriculum Theory and Classroom Practice, Dayton, OH (October 18, 2013).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Dawn Lines: Three Conference Presentations for Little to No Audiences,” International Zizek Studies Conference, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH (April 4-6, 2014).
- Lucero, Jorge R.; Konkol, Pamela; Milam, Jennifer; Sonu, Debbie; Ng-A-Fook, Nicholas. “Curriculum Diaspora,” American Education Research Association Conference, Chicago, IL (April 17, 2015).
- Lucero, Jorge R. and Shy, Daviel. “Conditions That Make Possible: Unearthing the Latent Pedagogy in Every House Has A Door,” The 2nd Biennial Performance Philosophy Conference: What can performance philosophy do?. The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL (April 11, 2015).
- Lucero, Jorge R. “Chicago Style: The Artist/Teacher city,” National Art Education Association Conference, Chicago, IL (March 17, 2016).
- Lucero, Jorge R.; Thulson, Anne; Thomas, Kate; and Denmead, Tyler. “Reimagining Teacher Evaluation Through Motherhood as a Performative Practice,” National Art Education Association Conference, Chicago, IL (March 19, 2016).
✶ Refereed Conference Panels
- Lucero, Jorge R. (Chair). “Be in the World: Making Meaning Through Participation,” American Educational Research Association Conference, Chicago, IL. (April 17, 2015).
- Lucero, Jorge R. (Discussant). “Creative Interventions: Reimagining Transformative Modalities of Storytelling for Disrupting the Hegemony of Curriculum,” American Education Research Association Conference, Washington, D.C. (April 9, 2016).
- Lucero, Jorge R. and Carpenter II, B. Stephen, (Discussants). “Animating the Boundaries of Curriculum: Intersectional Disruptions of Space, Time, Culture, and Dispossession,” American Education Research Association Conference, Washington, D.C. (April 9, 2016).
✶ Images of Artwork Reproduced in Publications
- Stabler, A. (2012, August 1). Review: Yo Solo/Collaboraction. New City, retrieved on January 6, 2016 from http://art.newcity.com/2012/08/01/review-yo-solocollaboraction/
✶ Press (General)
- Foumberg, Jason. “Chicago: Burn the Pedestal.” Sculpture (October 2012): 24-5.
- Stabler, Albert. “On Making Things Matter: Strategies for Preservation @ SHoP.” Gapers Block May 29, 2012. , Accessed April 9, 2013. http://gapersblock.com/ac/2012/05/29/on-makingthings-matter-strategies-for-preservation-shop/ +
- Foumberg, Jason. “Eye exam: Trends of the art season opening weekend.” New City, September 3, 2013. Accessed February 16, 2016. http://art.newcity.com/2013/09/03/eye-exam-trends-forarts-season-opener-this-weekend/
✶ Press about “THEBARACKOBAMAPRESIDENTIALIBRARY”
- Lane, S. Nicole. “Call for artists and artifacts: Submit to the Barack Obama Presidential Library.”Gapers Block, May 12, 2015. Accessed January 6, 2016. http://gapersblock.com/ac/2015/05/12/2call-for-art-and-artifacts-submit-to-the-barack-obamapresidential-library/ .
- Cholke, Sam. “The unofficial Barack Obama Library has a fancy blackboard for a sign.” DNAinfo Chicago, June 8, 2015. Accessed January 6, 2016. http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150608/hyde-park/this-unofficial-barack-obama-library-hasfancy-blackboard-for-sign .
- Merda, Chad. “‘Barack Obama Presidential Library’ Opens in Chicago.” National Sun-Times, June 8, 2015. Accessed January 6, 2016. http://national.suntimes.com/national-worldnews/7/72/1255473/barack-obama-presidential-library-opens-chicago/.
- Blumberg, Nicholas. “The Other Obama Library.” WTTW’s Chicago Tonight, June 11, 2015. Accessed January 6, 2016. http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2015/06/11/other-obama-library.
- Camp, Alex. “Exhibit in President’s Chicago Neighborhood strives to honor Obama.” Illinois Issues, August 1, 2015. Accessed January 6, 2016. http://wuis.org/post/exhibit-president-schicago-neighborhood-strives-honor-obama#stream/0
- Waxman, Lori. “Jorge Lucero.” WGLT.org, March 25, 2016. Accessed April 1, 2016. http://wglt.org/post/jorge-lucero#stream/0
✶ Press about the group exhibit “Present Standard”
- Schmutz, Trevor. “‘Present Standard’ preview at the Chicago Cultural Center.” Third Coast Review, January 27, 2016. Accessed February 16, 2016. http://thirdcoastreview.com/2016/01/27/present-standard-preview-at-the-chicago-cultural-center/
- Urchick, Stephen. “Gripping art: Present Standard and Libreria Donceles make the Cultural Center all touchy and feely.” South Side Weekly, February 9, 2016. Accessed February 16, 2016. http://southsideweekly.com/gripping-art/.
- Waxman, Lori. “Good Looking: A Survey of Contemporary Latino Art.” Chicago Tribune, February 24, 2016. Accessed March 28, 2016. http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-presentstandard-review-ent-0225-20160223-column.html.
- Hanna, Noah. “Review: Present Standard/Chicago Cultural Center.” New City, February 29, 2016. Accessed March 28, 2016. http://art.newcity.com/2016/02/29/review-presentstandardchicago-cultural-center/.
- Quiles, Daniel. “Present Standard,” Artforum, March, 2016. Accessed March 28, 2016. http://artforum.com/picks/section=us#picks58692.
- PBS Digital Studios. “Art Trip: Chicago,” The Art Assignment video, 9:29. March 28, 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLxFPQmLuY.
- Arruza, Eddie. “Chicago’s Latino Artists in Spotlight as Biennial Conference Kicks Off,” - Chicago Tonight, April 6, 2016. Accessed April 28, 2016. http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2016/04/06/chicagos-latino-artists-spotlight-biennial-conferencekicks.
✶ Visiting Artist Workshops
- The Odyssey School, Denver CO. Worked with 25 middle-schoolers and 17 teachers to create living sculptures. Discussed performance pedagogy and curriculum in a breakout session with teachers after the student/teacher joint session. (March 22, 2012).
- Columbia College Chicago, Teaching Artist Development Studio (TAD Studio). Collaborating with members of Chicago Arts Partnership and Education and Columbia College’s Center for Community Art Partnerships (CCAP) to provide professional development over an eleven week stretch to teaching artists throughout Chicago. (February 7- March 30, 2012).
- Ragdale Foundation, Lake Forest, IL. Teaching Artists Residency, invited lecturer and workshop facilitator. (August 13-14, 2012).
- The Chicago Public Schools (CPS) hired me to work on a time-based performance art work with a group of CPS students. This work was shown under the moniker Alt-City Art at Gallery 37 during the district’s city-wide end of the year exhibition. Collaborating artist, Maria Gaspar. (April 26, 2013).
✶ Public Engagement
2011 Consultant, Senn Arts High School, Chicago Public Schools. Developed a innovative comprehensive curriculum, arts objectives, assessments, and scope and sequence in collaboration with the school’s faculty for the school’s transition from a “neighborhood” school to an arts magnet school.
2012 Board member, Every House has a Door (Performance Art Group). Duties include attending meetings and performances; as well as consulting on pedagogical, arts-fundraising, and creative practice.
2012-2014 Lead provider of Professional development, Lake Zurich, IL K-12 School District #95. Professional development included artistic and curriculum development, mission statement development, assessment, and scope and sequence development.
2014-current Member, Chicago Arts Partnership in Education’s (CAPE) Community Advisory Council.
2015 Consultant, Sam Francis Foundation, Creativity Matters Think Tank. Arts leaders from the multiple cities convened to respond and develop proposals for thinking around “creativity” and the future. A report was produced: http://samfrancisfoundation.org/wpcontent/uploads/2016/01/CM-summary_final.pdf
2016 Consultant, Ingenuity, Inc.. Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Professional Learning Track. Duties include advising, formulating, and implementing professional development for teaching-artists who partner with Chicago Public Schools to provide unique arts education to more than forty schools in the city.
2016 Lead Consultant, Chicago Public Schools and The Terra Foundation. ARTview. Duties include designing the professional learning components around specific Latin American Contemporary Art works and their correlation to Latin American Studies curriculum implemented by art teachers throughout the entire district.
✶ Service to Disciplinary and Professional Societies or Associations
2013-2015 Chair and respondent for Chicago Curriculum Studies Student Symposium. University of Illinois at Chicago.
2014-2016 Program Chair for the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Division B (Curriculum Studies) for two separate conferences, Chicago and Washington DC.